Wild For This Delicious Rice Salad!
Wild and long grain rice salad 💗I first made this at culinary school and since then, it’s become a firm favourite – I like to mix up the ingredients each time for variety. In celebration of my 🌱10% off all summer classes at the Natural Gourmet Institute offer, I’m sharing the ‘OG’ recipe as a little snapshot of the type of health supportive dishes you could be learning how to create with ease if you come join me this summer in New York City, hooooray!
- 🌱1 1⁄2 cups cooked long grain rice, cooled
- 🌱1 1⁄2 cups cooked wild rice, cooled
- 🌱2 ribs celery, chopped small
- 🌱6 radishes, chopped small
- 🌱3⁄4 cup currants
- 🌱1⁄2 cup walnuts, toasted and chopped
- 🌱1⁄2 bunch parsley, chopped
- 🌱Sea salt & freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 🍶5 tablespoons brown rice vinegar
- 🍶1 tablespoon lime juice
- 🍶1 tablespoon stone-ground mustard 1
- 🍶1⁄2 - 3⁄4 teaspoon sea salt
- 🍶1 teaspoon fresh herbs, optional
- 🍶6 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- ✨In medium bowl, combine rice, celery, radishes, currants and walnuts.
- ✨In blender, combine dressing ingredients.
- ✨Add dressing to rice-vegetable mixture.
- ✨Add parsley and season to taste with salt and pepper.