Vegan Apricot Parfait
Sometimes you need a little extra sweetness in your life, ESPECIALLY on your birthday🎈 So, in celebration of another one of my revolutions around the sun, I have whipped up a small batch of my health-supportive, gut-friendly apricot parfait treat 👌🏻
SUPER simple to make, this parfait is made using plant-based gelatine called ‘AGAR’, a minimally processed ingredient I use in sweet parfaits like this one because Iprefer the consistency, the fact it carries no flavour AND most importantly: my lovely vegan friends can enjoy it too (because unlike regular gelatine made from boiling cartilage, skin, and bones of animals, agar is a soluble fiber extracted from red marine algae) 🙌🏻
This recipe is clean n’ healthy, great for adults AND children because it’s made from fresh fruit juice, raw nut butter filled with healthy fats and little vanilla extract which you can omit if you wish. The hero ingredient of this recipe is the agar though, so even if you’re a paleo person and love your gelatine, I get it, totally! You can make this with gelatine too, but please give agar a try because variety is the spice of life my friend!
Vegan Apricot Parfait
- 3 cups apricot juice
- 3 tablespoons agar flakes
- ½ tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons almond butter
- Edible flowers or mint to garnish
- In a saucepan, mix juice, agar flakes & vanilla extract. Leave for 10 minutes for agar to begin dissolving
- Bring mixture to boil over a high heat, then immediately reduce to a simmer, covered for about 5 minutes before stirring and scraping bottom and sides of pot with wooden spoon to avoid sticking while the agar dissolves.
- Once all agar flakes have dissolved, pour the mixture into a bowl and leave to cool. When steam stops rising, place in the fridge to set and harden like jelly
- Once set, take ¾ of the mixture and blend briefly in a food processor/blender. Pour into individual glass jars or one big bowl depending upon how you prefer to serve it
- Blend remaining mixture with the almond butter and drizzle over the top. Garnish with flowers or mint leaves and enjoy, enjoy, enjoy!🎶