An ode to you (and chocolate):
Because I love you.. Because I care… Here’s a choccie recipe to make, eat and share!
But waitaminute! Why should you make it instead of buying it? Because YOU get to control the ingredients (have you seen what’s in most conventional, big-name brand chocolate bars? ).
Also because raw cacao is:
- One of the BEST sources of magnesium, essential for energy production, healthy brain function, happy nervous system and for strong muscles, bones and teeth.
- Packed with iron that helps build your blood and transport oxygen around your body.
- High in flavonoids that have super antioxidant powders that support optimal heart health benefits, eg, increasing good cholesterol in your blood, supporting the lowering of blood pressure and improving vascular function.
- Filled with ‘phenylethylamine’ (let’s call it PEA for short) which helps elevate your mood and energy levels – PERFECT for welcoming in the weekend!
PLANT BASED CHOCCIE BARK
- 160g cacao butter, melted
- 60g pure maple syrup
- 60g organic cacao powder
- ¼ tsp vanilla powder OR cinnamon
- Pinch sea salthttps://www.instagram.com/bellephotog/
- Toppings of your choice – I used dried, organic, preservative-free jujube dates and raisins + activated and roasted pumpkin seeds, walnuts and sunflower seeds.
- Food thermometer
- Melt cacao butter, keeping its temperature under 40-45°C/104-113°F.
- Add the rest of the ingredients – one by one – and whisk thoroughly until well combined and completely smooth.
- Let the temperature drop to 31°C/88°F, then pour straight onto a lined tray and top with all your favourite real food bits n’ pieces.
- Pop tray in the fridge until set, then remove and crack up into pieces to devour joyfully and mindfully.
PS: shoutout to my girl Belle Photography for snapping this super profesh pic of my choccie bark!
Happy Easter! 🐣
I dedicate this recipe to all the yummy mummies (and daddies!) who’ve emailed me asking for a ‘clean, vegan version of a cadbury crème egg. Aside from the fact there’s ZERO fake additives, preservatives, colours and flavours, my crème eggs are filled with healthy fats, antioxidants and an awesome inflammation-fighting ingredient called ‘curcumin‘ Continue Reading…
Rainy days call for healthy hot chocolate tonics like the recipe below, inspired by my @superfeast family and the chocolate chief himself, David Avocado Wolfe There used to be a time when I avoided chocolate like the plague, I didn’t like the taste and the way it Continue Reading…
Day 2 of @davidavocadowolfe’s tour and I am learning SO much!!
Lucky for me, I’ve got my home made chocolate on hand to keep me alert and present throughout the day, because David is sharing a WEALTH of information that is blowing my Natural Foods Chef mind
Including how chocolate (the REAL stuff, not the fake, additive-filled kind) is the Continue Reading…
So apparently it’s #nationalchocolateday today! But here’s the deal…I don’t need an official day to remind me to enjoy the magic that is raw, health-supportive chocolate!! I choose to enjoy chocolate in its raw form most days – I love creating different, nourishing treats using simple, REAL food ingredients like the ones used in the healthy choccie tonic smoothie recipe below… Continue Reading…
Today I want to share something I’ve been making for years: my very simple, extremely delicious, raw, REAL ‘white chocolate’ recipe. I say ‘REAL’ because most white chocolate sold at the grocery store is made up of all kinds of fake, heavily processed junk – no chocolate ingredients to be seen which you can check yourself if you flip over to the back and read out the looooong list of unhealthy ingredients. Sadly, to overcompensate for not adding true chocolate ingredients like cacao butter or cacao powder, most big confectionary companies Continue Reading…
Happy holidays to YOU! To celebrate, I want to share a delicious treat you can make for any occasion – particularly perfect if you’re looking for a healthier way to indulge this Easter… 🍫🍬 There’s loads of yummy chocolate cake recipes here and here but who wants cake when you can make your own chocolate coconut bars that taste really naughty (even though they’re really health supporty… 😆).
Ok, I’m not so great when it comes to rhyming BUT I make up for it in cooking!! 🏻So without further ado, here’s a fantastic recipe just for YOU (and maybe some people you care about IF they’ve been good!) this easter… Continue Reading…
Happy Easter! 🐣
If you don’t celebrate this holiday, then I wish you a ‘happy Sunday’ instead! 😘 Whether you celebrate Easter or not, here’s a unique, healthy, easy-peasy treat you can make that’s sugar, sulphur and preservative free. It involves using dried, shredded coconut flakes which you can buy from your local health food store or online. Coconut is a fantastic source of healthy, saturated fats that are also antibacterial in nature which means it’s incredibly Continue Reading…
I am beyond thrilled to be back in my home country of Australia for the summer, and just in time to celebrate one FAVOURITE days of the year, Australia Day! It’s a public holiday here in Oz which means I can spend time with family and good friends, eating delicious food and making more magical memories.
Australia Day has always been a special one for my family because it’s the day my parents were married! So to celebrate, I’m a having a little dinner party to test a new Continue Reading…
I think chocolate truffles are one of life’s little pleasures. When I was 14 and 9 months (the legal age you can start to earn money in Australia) I began babysitting for a couple of incredibly colourful socialites. Aside from their beautiful house, the amazing walk in closet and their versace-esque indoor swimming pool, they had the most AMAZING food pantry I had ever seen! I’ll never forget it, Continue Reading…