An ode to you (and chocolate):
Because I love you.. Because I care… Here’s a choccie recipe to make, eat and share!
But waitaminute! Why should you make it instead of buying it? Because YOU get to control the ingredients (have you seen what’s in most conventional, big-name brand chocolate bars? ).
Also because raw cacao is:
- One of the BEST sources of magnesium, essential for energy production, healthy brain function, happy nervous system and for strong muscles, bones and teeth.
- Packed with iron that helps build your blood and transport oxygen around your body.
- High in flavonoids that have super antioxidant powders that support optimal heart health benefits, eg, increasing good cholesterol in your blood, supporting the lowering of blood pressure and improving vascular function.
- Filled with ‘phenylethylamine’ (let’s call it PEA for short) which helps elevate your mood and energy levels – PERFECT for welcoming in the weekend!
PLANT BASED CHOCCIE BARK
- 160g cacao butter, melted
- 60g pure maple syrup
- 60g organic cacao powder
- ¼ tsp vanilla powder OR cinnamon
- Pinch sea salthttps://www.instagram.com/bellephotog/
- Toppings of your choice – I used dried, organic, preservative-free jujube dates and raisins + activated and roasted pumpkin seeds, walnuts and sunflower seeds.
- Food thermometer
- Melt cacao butter, keeping its temperature under 40-45°C/104-113°F.
- Add the rest of the ingredients – one by one – and whisk thoroughly until well combined and completely smooth.
- Let the temperature drop to 31°C/88°F, then pour straight onto a lined tray and top with all your favourite real food bits n’ pieces.
- Pop tray in the fridge until set, then remove and crack up into pieces to devour joyfully and mindfully.
PS: shoutout to my girl Belle Photography for snapping this super profesh pic of my choccie bark!
Here’s a deliciously fantastic recipe to feed your JING.
But what in the world is ‘Jing’??
Here’s the 411: Continue Reading…
Earlier today, I had a hearts-wide-open chat with Best Self Magazine editor and all-round goddess of greatness, Kristen Noel. We talked all things health n’ happiness, and I shared more than I ever have before about my own personal journey to wellness. Throughout the chat, Kristen asked me to share my thoughts and advice – words I’d say to my younger self, as well as things I want people to know now…
On reflection, everything I said stemmed from ‘you can’ Whether it be healing your body, starting a new relationship with yourself (or others) or learning how to truly love and honour yourself – whatever your own challenges may be…I want you to know YOU CAN!! More information coming soon about this interview which I’m so very proud of, so stay tuned.
PS while you wait, be sure to check out my sauerkraut recipe in the latest edition of Best Self Magazine – it’s SUPER delish AND great for your gut!
Lest We Forget
I’m taking a moment on this very important day (known as ‘ANZAC Day’ here in Oz) to share a ridiculously tasty, healthy version of a traditional Aussie recipe: ANZAC biscuits Most Aussies buy or make these biscuits to celebrate the bravery of the ANZACs – countless Aussie soldiers who died defending this wonderful sunburnt country during WW1
Today, the whole nation stops to take a minute of silence to remember. A lot of returned servicemen (including my dad whose medals feature in the pic below) march in unison all over Australia to commemorate this sacred day I always make my dad & his mates a big ol’ batch of
Happy Easter! 🐣
I dedicate this recipe to all the yummy mummies (and daddies!) who’ve emailed me asking for a ‘clean, vegan version of a cadbury crème egg. Aside from the fact there’s ZERO fake additives, preservatives, colours and flavours, my crème eggs are filled with healthy fats, antioxidants and an awesome inflammation-fighting ingredient called ‘curcumin‘ Continue Reading…
Rainy days call for healthy hot chocolate tonics like the recipe below, inspired by my @superfeast family and the chocolate chief himself, David Avocado Wolfe There used to be a time when I avoided chocolate like the plague, I didn’t like the taste and the way it Continue Reading…
Winner, winner, PLANT-BASED dinner! I spent all day today working on content for my new website that will support my soon-to-be-released Hay House book, I completely forgot to visit the markets to stock up on food for dinner, whoops!
Luckily, I’m a girl whose eyes are bigger than her stomach! I rarely run out of food and can always pull something delish together with whatever is lying around in my fridge. Case and point: the plant-based, pasta-free yummy spaghetti bolognese pictured above 👌🏻 In place of pasta, I Continue Reading…
Every time I create this delicious non-dairy milk, I’m always amazed at the beautiful, completely-natural purple colour that it creates Although this isn’t the main reason why I make it, it’s certainly a happy bonus that I’ve found really appeals to both children (and adults!) which is fantastic because: more nutrition for EVERYONE! 🙌🏻
I created this ‘mylk’ using Continue Reading…