Rockin’ Rainbow Salad
Leonardo da Vinci once said “Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication” which means I have one VERY sophisticated salad sitting in front of me right now (pictured above) This beautiful raw rainbow salad (big enough for 4 sizeable servings) cost only $3.50 to make because I shopped locally for the ingredients and added parsley and mint from my garden 🌱
Healthy, delicious and PACKED with all kinds of amazing plant-based goodness to keep your system functioning well, you really can’t go wrong with this one Great enjoyed as raw side salad topped with a delish dressing drizzled over the top OR sautéed in a little coco oil/ghee + a pinch of mineral-rich sea salt, served in place of starchy carbs like sweet potato, rice, quinoa, pasta, etc
Super easy to make if you have a food processor or an all-in-one dream machine like my @magimix_australia Cook Expert ✨Follow the fool-proof steps below to make this simple-yet-so-good salad…
- 1 small head of cauliflower (core removed and saved for later – chop and use in a stir fry or add into your morning smoothie 💚)
- ½ purple cabbage
- 6 medium orange carrots .
- 2 shallots – green part only
- Juice of 1 lemon (Meyer lemon is best, but use what you can)
- 4 sprigs fresh parsley (dried is fine also)
- Mint leaves to top – optional .
- Place cauliflower, cabbage, carrot and parsley – one at a time – in food processor .
- Pulse each veggie to create smaller, pebble-like pieces. Don’t blend because you risk turning them to mush
- Chop shallots and add with all other ingredients in a bowl. Combine well, then drizzle your favourite dressing ingredients over the top (my current obsession is extra virgin olive oil + dried garlic flakes + dried rosemary + @hilbilbyculturedfood Fire Tonic apple cider vinegar) OR sauté this mix in a little coconut oil or ghee and serve with a protein of your choice
- Yum. Fun. And so, so, SO good for your insides raw OR cooked! Enjoy!!