Real Good Orange Soda
Did you know one can of orange soda ‘Fanta’ houses:
23g of processed sugar (the crappy, chemically-treated type of sugar)
Stuff called: ‘Natural Orange Flavourings with Other Natural Flavourings’ ❓
Acesulfame K – an artificial sweetener found in sugar-free gum, alcohol, candy & sweet yoghurts. Its main chemical component, ‘methylene chloride’ may cause nausea, mood disorders, possibly some types of cancer, impaired liver & kidney function, eyesight issues & even perhaps autism.
Aspartame – a cheap, dangerous sweetener used in more than 6,000 food & drink products + over 500 prescription & over-the-counter drugs. Recently found to have carcinogenic (AKA dangerous & potentially deadly) effects, aspartame is now undergoing further investigation due to the fact it may also impair memory performance & increase oxidative stress in the brain.
‘A source of Phenylalanine’ – an ingredient that may be very dangerous to anyone consuming aspartame. Basically, too much Phenylalanine in the body = neurotoxicity which means it can excite the neurons in your brain to the point of cellular death.
I could go on & on, but you get the dismal picture…
I remain utterly disgusted with the company choosing to make & sell this low-grade, unhealthy chemical bomb.
I offer you (& any children in your life!) this healthier, yummier alternative:
- 4 medium carrots, skin on, chopped
- 1 cup filtered water
- 1 tbs organic date or maple syrup
- Juice from 1 x fresh lemon
- ¼ inch piece fresh ginger
- 1 x bottle of carbonated water
- Add carrots, ginger & filtered water in a blender & blitz until everything is well combined.
- Blend for at least 2 mins before straining into a glass jug using a nut milk bag or fine mesh strainer.
- Squeeze pulp to ensure every drop of juice is extracted.
- Add strained juice back into (a well-rinsed) blender. Add lemon juice & date/maple syrup, blend on high to combine.
- Refrigerate for 30 mins to chill, then pour into a glass, stopping halfway. Fill the other half with carbonated water & serve!