Plant Based Choccie Bark
An ode to you (and chocolate):
Because I love you.. Because I care… Here’s a choccie recipe to make, eat and share!
But waitaminute! Why should you make it instead of buying it? Because YOU get to control the ingredients (have you seen what’s in most conventional, big-name brand chocolate bars? ).
Also because raw cacao is:
– One of the BEST sources of magnesium, essential for energy production, healthy brain function, happy nervous system and for strong muscles, bones and teeth.
– Packed with iron that helps build your blood and transport oxygen around your body.
– High in flavonoids that have super antioxidant powders that support optimal heart health benefits, eg, increasing good cholesterol in your blood, supporting the lowering of blood pressure and improving vascular function.
– Filled with ‘phenylethylamine’ (let’s call it PEA for short) which helps elevate your mood and energy levels
– PERFECT for welcoming in the weekend!
- 160g cacao butter, melted
- 60g pure maple syrup
- 60g organic cacao powder
- ¼ tsp vanilla powder OR cinnamon
- Pinch sea salt
- Toppings of your choice – I used dried, organic, preservative-free jujube dates and raisins + activated and roasted pumpkin seeds, walnuts and sunflower seeds.
- Food thermometer
- Melt cacao butter, keeping its temperature under 40-45°C/104-113°F.
- Add the rest of the ingredients – one by one – and whisk thoroughly until well combined and completely smooth.
- Let the temperature drop to 31°C/88°F, then pour straight onto a lined tray and top with all your favourite real food bits n’ pieces.
- Pop tray in the fridge until set, then remove and crack up into pieces to devour joyfully and mindfully.
PS: shoutout to my girl Belle Photography for snapping this super profesh pic of my choccie bark!