Perfect Quinoa Every Time
These are my quinoa leftovers from last night’s dinner that I’ve revived for breakfast with some sautéed veggies, deeeeeeeelish! 🙏🏻 I absolutely love quinoa because it’s easy to make, works with sweet and savoury dishes PLUS it’s a ‘complete protein’ which means it contains all 9 essential amino acids your body needs for repair. This super seed (no, it’s NOT a grain!) is also a source of L-lysine, important for tissue growth and formation of collagen which we all know by now is super important for healthy skin 👌🏻😊
Here’s how to make the perfect quinoa…
- 🌱1 cup of quinoa
- 🌱1 ½ cups of water
- 💫Wash quinoa well under cold water with a fine strainer, rub the seeds together with your fingers to remove saponins (which are natural insecticides that protect the seed and can give it a slight bitter taste if not removed).
- 💫Combine washed quinoa with water in a saucepan.
- 💫Add a pinch of sea salt and bring to a boil.
- 💫Reduce heat low to a simmer, add a lid and leave until all water has been absorbed (about 10-15 mins, check on your quinoa!)
- 💫Turn off heat and leave for 10 minutes to rest before fluffing with a fork to serve. Done!