Lettuce Drink Blueberry Smoothies!
Playing alchemist on a grey, rainy day – my fav kind of weather to have some fun with my food! 💗 Here’s a delish ‘green’ smoothie recipe that’s completely plant-based, packed with healthy protein, fats and a few non-starchy carbs…
- ½ chopped pear
- ½ cup frozen blueberries
- 1 cup kale OR leaves of any green, non bitter lettuce like cos, butter, gem, oakleaf
- 1 scoop of your fav source of protein. As a Natural Foods Chef, I choose to use 180 Nutrition vegan blend - a yummy plant-based mix of all my fav protein sources. If you don't have this, choose from: ½ cup sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds or flaxseed OR ¼ cup chia seed.👌
- 1-2 cups coconut or rice milk, depending upon how thick you want your smoothie...
- ½ an avocado or ½ cup coconut cream - both are great healthy fat options
- 1 teaspoon each: cinnamon and nutmeg
- 2 drops of your fav food-grade essential oil. I've been playing with the Doterra brand lately thanks to my beautiful friend Leah Follett who has been expanding my health and wellness horizons in the delicious way. When it comes to food-grade oils, go slow... If you've never played with them before, taste test before pouring it all in. FYI: this smoothie will taste yummo with or without oils if you don't have any.You do:
- Combine pear, blueberries and greens into blender/processor and blend.
- Add chosen seeds or protein powder, milk, avocado, spices and oils. Blend again until smooth.
- Serve in a bowl or jar (depending upon thickness) and top with something you can chew because it's important to have something to chew in the morning to stimulate saliva flow - digestion begins in the mouth 👄👈🏽 I usually add cacao nibs, a few nuts or some extra berries.Enjoy!