JOY-filled Lemon Slice
JOY can take form in so many ways, let’s make a pact to NEVER stop exploring how we can bring more joy into our lives – starting with making this delish, gut-friendly plant-based lemon slice I just created to fill the teensy tiny little spot left in my stomach after eating all the yummy, nourishing (real) food I made to celebrate Christmas 🎄 From my happy Natural Foods Chef heart to yours, enJOY!
- ½ cup virgin coconut oil, melted
- ¾ cup desiccated coconut
- ½ cup maple syrup
- Pinch of salt
- 1 cup coconut flour
- 5 tablespoons virgin coconut oil
- 5 tablespoon raw cashew or almond butter
- 2-3 tablespoons maple syrup
- Juice and rind (grated) from ½ fresh lemon
- Pre-heat oven to 175C/350F. Blend coconut oil, maple syrup & salt.
- Add desiccated coconut & combine well. Fold in coconut flour until a soft dough forms.
- Press into a lined slice tin and place in the oven for 5-8 mins until base is golden brown.
- Remove and let cool. Meanwhile, blend all filling ingredients together until it becomes a smooth, creamy consistency.
- Pour filling over base and top with extra desiccated coconut. Pop in the freezer for about an hour until top of the slice is nice and solid.
Oh! And when you’re done with this yumminess, be sure to check out my latest health-supportive recipe in Best Self Magazine, and have a wonderful Christmas holiday period!