Grilled (Cute) Courgettes
I LOVE courgettes – or should I type ‘zucchini’ which is what we call them in Oz and here in the US! 💗 These baby ones are sweet n’ juicy, packed with potassium (about 295 milligrams per cup) which makes them super heart-healthy, definitely one of my fav things to eat because of their versatility when it comes to how you can flavour and prepare them. Did you know also they’re technically a fruit because they come from a flower which you can also eat? True story!
Here’s what I’m going to make with these…
- 🌱 10 baby courgettes
- 🌱 Extra virgin olive oil
- 🌱 Course sea salt (1-2 teaspoons)
- 🌱 1 tablespoon nigella seeds (they look like black sesame seeds but are more abundant when it comes to health benefits)
- 🌱 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- 🌱 1 teaspoon each of: garlic, cumin and turmeric powder
- 🌱 ½ teaspoon back pepper
- 🌱 Juice of ½ lemon
- Preheat your oven to 180C (350F) and cut the bottoms off courgettes before carefully slicing them in half, lengthwise.
- Place them in an ovenproof dish, they need to be spread out and not overlapping.
- Cover with a drizzle of oil, sprinkle with sea salt, seeds, spices and lemon juice - combine well then pop into the oven for about 15 minutes, until they brown and become tender.
- Enjoy as a side dish or as a mid afternoon snack 🌟👌🏻😍