Gluten Free Grain Free Sunday Pancakes
As promised, here’s my latest gluten free, grain free plant based pancake recipe below, made from the fun flour mix I shared with you a couple of Insta posts ago…
To make these beautiful babies, you MUST use that specific flour blend to re-create what you see in the pic above, no subs allowed because I cannot guarantee the same texture and taste
Of course, if you’d like a different type of pancake recipe, well, that’s easy! I have many, many more… But for now, I share this one because: YUM!
Create, eat, enjoy and don’t forget to smile because your body will think you’re happy even when you’re not! #truth
- 2 tablespoons chickpea flour + 2 tablespoons water
- 2 teaspoons agar powder
- ⅓ cup warm water
- 90g gluten/grain free flour mix
- 2 tablespoons virgin coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons buckwheat flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon .
- 2 teaspoons almond milk
- ½ cup water
- In a small bowl, mix chickpea flour, 2 tablespoons water, agar and ⅓ cup warm water. Use electric beaters to beat together until small bubbles appear
- Add in flours, baking powder, cinnamon, oil, milk + another ½ cup water. Beat again until, ta daaaaaa: you have pancake batter
- Use a little extra coconut oil to oil a small frypan. Over a medium heat, pour enough batter to cover the entire bottom of the pan – you may have to lift and tilt your fry pan to help spread the batter
- Flip your pancake with a spatula ONLY after small bubbles appear on the surface. Brown well on both sides before serving straight away – OR – place on wire rack to breathe while you cook the rest of your pancakes (anyone else love a good pancake stack?!)
- Serve topped with whipped coconut cream, maple syrup, fresh berries and crushed dehydrated strawberries (as pictured) OR top with chia jam, crushed nuts, organic molasses, nut butter – anything that’s good for your gut garden, which means you must KEEP IT REAL!