Gluten Free, Easy Peasy Squash Crackers
The very beginning stages of my squish squash crackers – I’m out all day and need a little real-food sustenance while I’m on the go! If you haven’t made these yet, you MUST!! Free from gluten, dairy, eggs and sugar, they’re a crispy little cracker that’s easy to make and take wherever you may go👌🏻💫😋
(Gluten Free, Sugar Free, Dairy Free)
- ½ cup steamed squash flesh (kabocha, delicata or butternut work best)
- ½ cup tapioca flour
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1-2 tablespoons filtered water (only if squash is dry!)
- 2 teaspoons fine sea salt
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- Pre-heat oven to 350F/180C
- In a small bowl (by hand OR using a food processor) mix squash, oil, flour and spices together - combine well.
- If mix is too dry, add water, 1 teaspoon at a time. Note: dough is meant to be a little wet but not so wet it sticks to your fingers!
- Place dough between two sheets of baking paper (sprinkled with a little flour) roll out to ⅛th-inch thickness. Very carefully peel top layer of baking paper off, transfer bottom piece onto baking tray. Prick with a fork all over and place in oven.
- Crackers are ready once edges brown (This may take 10-15 mins or longer depending on oven. Keep an eye on them!). Remove and leave to cool – the cracker will crisp up further once cool. Snap, crack, and break up into small pieces and sample your handiwork! 👌🏻😘