Forbidden Rice JING Porridge
Here’s a deliciously fantastic recipe to feed your JING.
But what in the world is ‘Jing’??
Here’s the 411:
– In traditional Chinese medicine terms, ‘Jing’ means ‘essence’.
– It’s the foundation for your life…your primordial force…the ‘glue’ that holds your cells together.
– Jing is the fundamental energy created when you were conceived. Essentially, you’re born with a certain amount of Jing which is stored in your kidneys and burned up throughout your life.
– When your Jing is low, you’re likely to experience symptoms including kidney or bladder imbalances/infections, infertility, exhaustion, fatigue, fear, panic attacks, loss of hair, lower back pain and many other forms of inflammation and disease.
– According to traditional Chinese medicine, we die when our Jing becomes too low…and the rate of Jing depletion is closely linked with how well we look after ourselves in this life!
So…needless to say, its important to support and nourish your Jing!!
Aside from steering clear of drugs, minimising your alcohol intake and putting practices in place to cope with stress, you can also support your Jing by making healthy, real food choices.
The recipe below is just one of many that will make your Jing sing with delight.
- 50g organic black rice washed, rinsed, then boiled until cooked
- 1 TBS organic goji berries + 1 TBS organic raisins (I like to use dried fruit from absolute_organic), soaked together in ½ cup warm water – keep the water.
- 1 TBS coconut butter
- 2-3 tsp raw, organic cane sugar
- Combine cooked rice with soaked gojis, raisins and soaking water in a small saucepan over a low heat.
- Add the coconut butter and sugar. Stir well to combine everything thoroughly.
- Serve along with the sweetened goji/coconut broth. Want more broth? Just add more water.