Feelin’ Fennel Seed & Pumpkin Hummus
Next time it’s your turn to bring the dip, make this little bowl of deliciousness instead of the boring ol’ chickpea hummus. Don’t say anything either – just serve, watch and observe the look of extreme pleasure on people’s faces as they taste this for the first time… And be sure to pass this recipe on!
- 1 cup chickpeas (canned is fine but if you want to go the whole-health-and-wellbeing-hog, then soak a cup chickpeas in filtered water o/night before boiling for about 1 hour before making the hummus)
- 1 cup pumpkin puree* (see note below)
- 4 tbsp virgin organic olive oil
- 2 tbps hulled tahini (the cream-coloured variety)
- 3 tbsp fennel seeds
- 2 tsp cumin powder
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 2 tsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 tsp Himalayan or celtic sea salt (plus extra to season)
- Place all ingredients (except olive oil in your blender)
- Blend until smooth-ish.
- Add in your oil and blend until smooth.
- Feel free to add a little more salt to taste and be creative! Top with more fennel seeds and experiment with different herbs too.
*Pumpkin puree – you can buy pre-made pumpkin puree, however, make sure it’s 100% pumpkin and aim for the organic kind. OR: bake 2-3 medium size chunks of your fav pumpkin in the oven at 200 degrees celsius for about 30 minutes. Leave to cool before blending into a puree – so simple!
As always, enjoy!