Easy, Healthy Chocolate Banana Bread
Ok, this bread is definitely a must-make if you like your sweet treats without a side of weight gain, bloating or fluid retention… Freeze half of it to enjoy at a later date – savour a piece from time to time, not every single day. Although it’s one of the cleanest sweet treat recipes you’ll find, it’s still houses natural sugars, nut-based flour and a little coco oil that may cause weight gain or gut issues if you ate it all in one go!
On this note, I have to share that I’m a little disappointed to see so many insta accounts sharing ‘healthy’ treats filed under ‘paleo’ or ‘vegan’ made with WAY too much coconut oil, coconut cream, natural sweeteners, nuts and chocolate (often made with more nuts, coconut oil and cacao powder). These ingredients are good for you in isolation and moderation, sure, but not layered together to be eaten every day…I’ve even seen some bloggers suggest you can eat this way for breakfast, whaaaaat?!
Treat your body and your insides with kindness, good nutrition and lots of plant-based foods like fresh veggies. Snack on real foods filled with real protein (that fills you up) and a little healthy fat (that helps you feel satisfied). Eating this way will support your body to function the way you want and need it to so you can live a happy, long and healthy life.
Wishing you good, nutritious food and great health always, Danielle x
🍞Choc banana bread🍞
- 1 cup almond meal
- 1 cup buckwheat flour
- 3 medium bananas
- 3 Tablespoons coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon nutmeg
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ cup cacao powder
- ⅓ cup brown rice syrup (OPTIONAL)
- Blend bananas well before adding the rest of the wet ingredients - blend well.
- Mix dry ingredients together, then slowly incorporate into the wet mix.
- Blend well, then pour into a lined baking tin and place in a pre-heated oven 180C/300F for about 45-60 minutes.
- Ready when skewer poked in the middle comes out clean.