Dairy-free Cashew Nut Milk
I’m enjoying frothy, fresh cashew nut milk with my breakfast today! To think I used to just drink boring ol’ dairy milk!? Words just can’t describe how flavoursome nut and seed milks are – so much nicer and more healthy supportive than dairy! Aside from being a satisfying, dairy alternative, cashew milk provides a good dose of healthy fats, Vitamin K, iron, magnesium and protein 👌🏻
To make, follow the easy-peasy instructions below and enjoy every last drop of your homemade cashew nut milk, one taste and you’ll be hooked! Experiment with different nuts too – it’s important to rotate our foods to ensure we don’t develop intolerances to our favourite things – just like in life, we must have variety in our diet! Here’s a great almond milk recipe and here I show you how to make coconut milk – SO EASY!
Cashew Nut Milk
- 1 cup of cashew nuts, soaked overnight in filtered water.
- 2-4 cups water (filtered is best)
- Drain almonds and rinse to clean.
- Combine in a high speed blender with 2 cups water (for thick milk) or 4 cups water (for a thin milk) and blend on high, until a milky white substance forms.
- Strain through cheesecloth, a tight mesh strainer or a nut milk bag into an air-tight glass jar for storage in the fridge. This deliciouness lasts for up to 5 days in the fridge (if it lasts that long!!).
Oh! And here’s a shot of today’s breakfast – freshly steamed pumpkin + fresh cashew nut milk, topped with pumpkin seeds, try it some time, it’s DELICIOUS! Did you know pumpkin is a fruit? 💗