Daikon Radish & Celery Pesto With Plant-based Parmesan
Happy World Vegan Day! I’m sharing this recipe post in celebration of plant-based REAL foods – the only high vibe food that can truly sustain & nourish your insides & outsides every. single. day. while helping you to feel fine. Even though I’m not vegan, I eat largely plants, veggies & fruits on the daily + I passionately promote this way of eating in my role as a professional Natural Foods Chef.
If you’ve been going heavy on the animal-based products lately, let this post inspire you to factor in more plants and veggies! After all, there are SO many things you can do with them – case & point: my dinner tonight:
- ½ long white daikon radish, spiralized
- 3 tbs raw pumpkin seeds
- ½ cup celery leaves, washed & dried
- ½ cup spinach leaves, washed & dried
- ¼ cup basil (or cilantro) leaves, washed & dried
- ½ small garlic clove (or more, up to you!) grated or crushed
- 5 tbs extra virgin olive oil
- pinch sea salt
- ½ cup hemp seeds
- ¼ cup nutritional yeast flakes
- Pinch sea salt
- Combine everything into a food processor & blitz until smooth.
- Pour over the top of daikon noodles & leave, covered, to marinate for up to 1 hour.
- Serve topped with my….
- Combine all ingredients in a spice/coffee grinder or food processor.
- Blitz until it becomes powdery & parmesan-like. Top food and enjoy!!
So easy, so tasty, so affordable, so…give this a go ASAP!