Chickpea Basil Pate
Celebrating Sunday with my homemade flax crackers and chickpea basil pate 👌🏻💚 For the full recipes of both these delish treats, + tune into The Chrissy B Show on Sky 203 where I’ll be demo-ing how to create them! If you’re not in the UK, I’ll be sharing both videos on this site soon so stay tuned!
To make the chickpea basil pate, you need:
- 1 can of chickpeas
- 1 garlic clove
- 4 Tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- ¼ cup unhulled tahini
- 2 cups fresh basil leaves
- 1 teaspoon each of: dried basil and dried mint
- ¼ teaspoon each of sea salt and black pepper
- Drain and rinse chickpeas before blending all ingredients together in a food processor or high speed blender until creamy and smooth. Stop to scrape down sides until mixture is smooth and even in colour - YES, it's THAT easy!
- Serve with crackers, sliced celery, carrots or daikon radish. TIP: this pate works really well as an alternative to butter. Spread on bread and wraps, or you could even use it to top pasta or zoodles for a healthier alternative to creamy pasta sauce. Just add a little water before mixing into cooked pasta or vegetables. 👌🏻🌱🙏🏻