Chaga Chocolate Tonic
Rainy days call for healthy hot chocolate tonics like the recipe below, inspired by my @superfeast family and the chocolate chief himself, David Avocado Wolfe There used to be a time when I avoided chocolate like the plague, I didn’t like the taste and the way it made me feel…but that was before I discovered the difference between fake chocolate (what’s on most grocery shelves right now) vs REAL, health-supportive, RAW chocolate that’s actually good for your body, seriously, the real stuff is properly medicinal 👌
Since then, I’ve been enjoying a piece (or three ) of raw chocolate most days and my body is thriving. If you want in, choose chocolate made with ‘cacao’ which is the real deal Filled with magnesium, chromium, iron, manganese, antioxidants, soluble fibre, theobromine…cacao butter, paste and powder are all important elements combined to create a truly super duper food for you to eat and enjoy 💫
The recipe below is just one way to indulge in chocolate without a side of weight gain, skin issues or digestive distress Play with the ingredients to suit your taste and tolerances, and be open to using new and exciting ingredients like chaga mushroom powder to supercharge this delish treat whilst boosting your immune system at the same time – you can check out more info about chaga and all its amazingness via @superfeast
- 250ml nut milk of choice – I used coconut
- 35g 100% cacao paste
- 7g organic butter or ghee. You can also use coconut butter
- teensy tiny pinch of sea salt
- 1 tsp organic sweetener of choice, I used organic date molasses
- cacao powder, to sprinkle on top if you like.
- Bring milk to a simmer in a saucepan
- Grate in the cacao paste then add butter, salt and chaga powder
- Once nice and hot, add sweetener to taste and serve! Or, you could pop this mix into your high speed blender if you’re someone who likes their hot choccie nice n’ frothy!
- Serve immediately, plain like mine above, or sprinkled with cacao powder for added oomph. BTW, does anyone else like to drink their hot choccie with a straw, or is it just me???