Cauliflower Cous Cous
Cauliflower cous cous has to be one of the easiest, yummiest, simplest meals I make when I’m low on time and need a good dose of health supportive foods 🙏🏻👌🏻 Here’s the easy-peasy ‘how to’ that will have you creating it in your kitchen soon!
- 1 meduim head of cauliflower, uncooked
- 2 tablespoons dried rosemary
- 2 tablespoons dried thype
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder (or 2-3 garlic cloves chopped small)
- pinch of sea salt
- Roughly chop 1 head of cauliflower to fit in my food processor, pulse to blend into teensy tiny pieces resembling cous cous or rice - process less to get a rice-like consistency🍚👌🏻
- Saute cous cous in a little organic butter or ghee, add some dried herbs and a pinch of sea salt.
- Serve with protein of choice (for a well-rounded, filling meal) or enjoy on it's own as a delicious snack.
Cruciferous veggies like cauliflower, cabbage, broccoli and sprouts are rich in ‘glucosinolates‘ – beneficial sulfur-containing compounds that break down (during chewing and digestion) into biologically active compounds that help prevent cancer cells from growing. Once we eat them, glucosinolates work like natural healers in our body, repairing DNA + slowing the growth of mutated cancer cells, how cool is that!?
Bottom line: eat your cruciferous veggies and learn to LOVE the sulphur smell that comes from cooking them – it’s doing you the world of good! 🌱