Berry Beautiful Smoothie (for 2)
Putting my new coconut bowl to the test, filling it with one of my fav b’fast smoothies I make when I feel like a sweet start to the day. Try this the next time you crave processed, crappy sweet stuff, it will satisfy you in the most health-supportive, poop-tastic way 💩
I used wild blueberries, gifted to me by a friend who likes to forage for his food – they’re slightly darker in colour which is why this smoothie looks a little grey. I heart berries SO much – they have many beautifying benefits for yourskin, packed with antioxidant compounds that neutralize free radicals that cause skin cell damage & premature ageing. They’re also loaded with vitamin C, crucial to a clear complexion.
I’ve thrown in a little flaxseed for optimal pooping (you’re welcome!) followed by some dandelion greens because they:
provide 535% of the recommended daily value of vitamin K, one of the BEST sources of plant-based food that help strengthen bones & limit neuron damage in the brain.
provide 112% of the daily minimum requirement of vitamin A, great for skin, mucus membranes & vision 👁
are high in fiber, vitamin C, B6 + thiamin, riboflavin, calcium, iron (crucial for generating red blood cells), potassium (to help regulate heart rate & blood pressure), & manganese.
‘Nuff said? Got it!
- 2 BIG handfuls dandelion greens (sub for any dark non-bitter lettuce)
- 500ml/16oz coconut milk
- 1 cup blueberries
- 2 tbs ground flaxseed
- 1-2 dried, unsulphured organic figs (sub for dates)
- ¼ cup dried, shredded coconut + extra for topping
- 1 tbs cacao nibs or goji berries for topping
- Add into blender in the order above. Blitz & add extra water if you want a runnier smoothie.
- You can also add any fav herbal powders if this floats your boat. I often add a tablespoon of whatever Superfeast blend I have on hand – today it was their new 💥JING💥 magic which is an amazing support for the kidneys and adrenal glands.
- If you’re looking to add more protein, nix the typical (boring, often overly processed) protein powders and try kuli kuli foods morninga powder which is such an amazing ingredient that won’t cost you the earth 👌🏻