As your Natural Foods Chef (and friend!) it gives me GREAT pleasure to let you know mint + matcha = MAGIC! Make this when you’re craving something sweet n’ mint-y that’s nut-free & gut-friendly. Keep half in the fridge to share with friends & family…perhaps leave the other half in the freezer to enjoy at a later date (it stores well for up to 4 weeks, wrapped tight).
Here you go…
Must-Make Mint Matcha Slice
- 105g dried, shredded coconut pieces (not desiccated)
- 50g sunflower seeds
- 200g dates – I love @thedatelady
- 4 tbs cacao or carob powder
- Pinch of sea salt
- 250g dried, shredded coconut pieces
- 2 tbs date syrup
- 1 tsp organic mint extract OR 2-3 drops food-grade peppermint oil
- 2 tsps matcha powder, I love @matchaful
- 2 x 200g blocks of your fav soy-free dark chocolate (melt and pour!)
- 1/2 cup extra virgin coconut oil
- 1/2 cup cacao or carob powder
- 1/4 cup date syrup (sub for maple)
- Pinch sea salt
- Blend all ingredients until mixture sticks together when pinched together.
- Transfer to a lined baking dish and press down firmly & evenly.
- Place in the freezer to begin setting.
- Blend shredded coconut in a high powered blender until it turns into coconut butter (about 5-7 mins).
- Add remaining ingredients, blend to combine well. Pour on top of base, smooth out & place back into freezer
- Whisk together oil & syrup until combined.
- Add remaining ingredients & pour on top of the slice. Place back in the freezer to set (at least 25 minutes) before removing & leaving to soften (at least 10 mins).
- Slice, taste & feel GOOD!