It’s been a BIG couple of weeks for mt beloved and I – all super rewarding, uplifting and exciting stuff, but also slightly exhausting… Which is why I just
cooked up a big ol’ batch of this green goodness to see us through the many days and nights ahead when all we want is optimal nourishment and deliciousness minus all effort.
I’ll add in extra bits and pieces every now and then to change things up – different gluten-free, gut-friendly pastas, grass-fed/pasture-raised proteins, sauteed tofu or tempeh and even just more veggies (steamed, chunky broccoli or pumpkin tastes SO good, as does spiralised veggies noodles like daikon or zucchini!). However you choose to enjoy this dish, rest assure it’s filled with lots of great plant protein and essential nutrients for your beautiful body which much be nourished daily to support your longterm wellness.
- 1/4 – 1/2 cup organic coconut cream. 1/2 cup = nice n’ creamy
- 1 large garlic clove, minced 10 mins before to increase health benefits
- 1 large leek, chopped
- 2 medium heads of broccoli including the ends, chopped
- 4 cups vegetable stock or bone broth
- 2 tbs extra virgin olive oil for sauteeing
- Saute garlic and leek in a saucepan in oil until leek softens. Add chopped broccoli and stock/bone broth. Cover and simmer for about 30 mins until broccoli is tender.
- Carefully transfer to a blender or food processor and blend until very smooth.
- Taste and adjust consistency or seasoning if needed, then reheat if necessary to serve immediately, or freeze in BPA-free plastic containers (leaving about an inch at the top to allow for liquid expansion) for 3-6 months.