First morning in LA after a day of traveling, uber-ing & sorting out an air bnb – I’m a creature who favors homes over hotels because: kitchen!! If you caught my insta stories, the first thing I did after arriving in LA was head straight to the closest grocer to stock up on REAL foods & ingredients 👌🏻
One of the many delicious real foods I found was this fresh, sweet-smelling, juicy papaya which I am enjoying for breakfast, paired with a few generous squishes of fresh lime juice & a sprinkle of Ceylon cinnamon
I love papaya for SO many reasons, here are a few of the main ones:
- It contains an enzyme called ‘papain’, an incredibly powerful digestive aid.
- Papaya can greatly reduce inflammation in your body, easing pain caused by diseases like arthritis, osteoarthritis, gout, asthma, etc
- Ladies: unripe papaya juice helps to contract muscle fibers of your womb! This means it can support regular menstrual flow.
- And on that note, papain in unripe papaya juice is also extremely beneficial to the development of natural gastric juice in your body which helps to combat things like excess mucus in the stomach, dyspepsia & intestinal irritation.
- It’s rich in antioxidants that prevent oxidation of cholesterol build-up in your arteries – a fantastic aid if you have blood pressure issues.
- Papaya’s juice contains an incredibly high amount of Vitamin A which can reduce lung inflammation.
Best way to enjoy it?
Chop or scoop straight from it’s skin (which is also magical! Use on burns, stings, cuts and other wounds). Just don’t forget to add a dash of lime juice when you’re chowing down, it truly enhances its flavours & powers! Oh!! And be sure to keep the little black seeds – post coming soon to explain why, you won’t want to miss this!
Happy Wednesday x