You scream, I scream, we all scream for (no churn, plant-based) ice cream!
Am I right? ♀️
If you’re thinking “yes, yes YES!” then here’s one I created for YOU for when temperatures hit an all-time HIGH & you need to keep your cool in a healthy, happy way I love this version so much because you can make it without an expensive
churner + it’s creamy & flavorful without fake flavours, preservatives, additives or colourings
Now…with every sweet treat I create & share, bookmark this in your ‘every now & then sweet treat’ folder vs enjoying it as an ‘ice cream/cake for breakfast’ kinda situation Although it’s filled with real, health-supportive ingredients, it houses lots of healthy fat + real, natural sugars – best factored into a diet filled with non-starchy veg FIRST + a sensible portion of plant &/or organic grass-fed/wild-caught/
No Churn Choc Coco Ice CreamYou need:
- 2 x 400g/14oz cans coconut cream, left in fridge overnight
- 1 cup cacao powder
- 3/4 cup pitted, organic dates, soaked in boiling water for 15 mins (drain & keep water)
- 1 cup unlsulphered desiccated coconut
- 1/2 cup full-fat coconut milk
- 4 x probiotic capsules – use powder, discard the capsules
- 1/2 – 1 cup soy-free choc chips, cacao nibs or unsulphered dried fruit
- 1/2 cup crushed nuts – soak at least 4 hours & fold in at the end
- Place a large mixing bowl (preferably a stainless steel one) in the freezer to chill.
- Blitz dates in food processor, adding 1 tablespoon at a time of its soaking water until you make a thickened paste.
- Remove coconut cream & bowl from fridge. Scoop JUST thickened cream into bowl – save liquid for smoothies, etc. Using electric beaters (or stand mixer) whip until smooth & creamy.
- Add cacao, milk & date paste. Whip until completely combined.
- Transfer to freezer-safe container, freeze o/night. Remove at least 25 minutes before serving. Run an ice cream scoop under boiling hot water before scooping.