Oh happy day! I’m headed out to meet a girlfriend this morning in @centralparknewyork. We’re going to take a nature bath, strolling amongst the trees before visiting her local fresh food markets to stock up on some real food provisions.
Before I head off, breakfast today for me n’ my beloved @benjaminshinestudio is toasted chunks of my yummy ‘not’ cross buns. I make these every Easter – they’re such a such a fantastic, filling, health-supportive treat you really can enjoy all year ’round (unlike the additive-filled commercial kind that’s sold only during Easter time – best AVOIDED like the plague! )
You want in on this goodness? Be my guest ❤️Here’s the recipe again for you to create, bake and enjoy!
BEST B’FAST BUNS
- 175g full fat coconut milk
- 75g organic vegan butter or ghee
- 10g dried yeast
- 1/4 cup warm water
- 1 tsp pure date syrup (I used @thedatelady)
- 1 flax or chia egg or 1 normal egg
- 500g gluten free flour mix
- 70g coconut sugar
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 50g dried, unsulphured raisins
- 2 tsp ceylon cinnamon
- 1 tsp nutmeg
- 1 tsp allspice
- 50g soy-lecithin-free chocolate chips
- 75g macadamia nut pieces
- Heat milk, add butter and whisk together until melted. Leave to cool.
- Combine yeast, warm water & honey in bowl – whisk to combine, cover with a tea towel and leave for 5-10 mins to become frothy.
- Combine flour, sugar, salt, spices, dried fruit and optional extras. Make a well in the centre, add egg and yeast mixture. Fold together with a wooden spoon. The mixture will be sticky. Cover with a tea towel, leave for an hour to expand.
- Turn out onto a lightly floured bench top and knead – not to knead for 30 secs. Divide into 12 equal pieces and roll into balls. Place dough balls on a lined baking tray and cover again for an hour to rise further.
- Pre-heat oven to 200C/400F and bake for 10-15 mins or until golden brown. If you want white lines across the buns, mix 2 tbs of tapioca flour + 2 tbs water & pipe across the top before placing in the oven OR pipe warmed coconut butter across the buns after baking is complete.