Happy Easter! 🐣
I dedicate this recipe to all the yummy mummies (and daddies!) who’ve emailed me asking for a ‘clean, vegan version of a cadbury crème egg. Aside from the fact there’s ZERO fake additives, preservatives, colours and flavours, my crème eggs are filled with healthy fats, antioxidants and an awesome inflammation-fighting ingredient called ‘curcumin‘
🐣HEALTHY CREME EGGS
- 6 tbs melted coconut butter, halved into 2 small dishes
- 1/4 turmeric powder
- 1/4 tsp natural sweetener of choice (I used @absolute_organic brown rice syrup)
- 1/4 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 x 100g chocolate bar – I used a mix of @origin & @loving_earth
- Crack chocolate into a tempered glass bowl on top of a small saucepan filled with water over a low-medium heat. Stir until it melts, then turn the stove off – chocolate will stay nice and runny.
- Grab silicon egg moulds and a small paintbrush, paint the inside of moulds with melted chocolate. Place in freezer to set. Do this 3-4 times to build a nice, thick choc eggshell.
- When last coat of chocolate is completed, create coconut butter in a high-speed blender OR melt by placing the jar of it into a small bowl of boiling water – coconut butter must be runny. Divide into two small bowls and add turmeric + vanilla extract to one of the bowls, mix well. Leave to harden while you add 1/4 tsp of natural sweetener to the other bowl of coco butter, mix well.
- Take choc coated molds and fill 1/3 of each egg with the white coconut mixture. With your hands, gather a small amount of yellow coconut mixture and roll into a sausage-like shape, place into each white mixture (you’re creating the ‘yolk’ of the egg, so you know what to do!). Leave a small gap at the top, enough to place melted chocolate in to seal eggs. Once eggs are filled, place in the freezer to set.
- Remove and fill remaining gaps with chocolate OR pop all from their molds, take your paintbrush and dip it into melted chocolate to paint seams of each egg – ‘glue’ the two halves together. Hold and paint around seal again with more melted chocolate. Place carefully back into the freezer – ready in about 20-30 mins!