Attention: perfect plane snack recipe below! I’m off to Sydney this weekend to bask in the wonderfulness that is Jai Jagdeesh and all that she brings to the room including love, music and a little magic If you’d like to come along to one of her super special intimate gatherings before she leaves to continue her tour in New Zealand, be sure to pop on over to her page to check out all the info
In prep for my journey to Sydney, I’ve created an amazing new, health-supportivetreat because (in my opinion) when it comes to snack food: there’s NOTHING worse than the stuff they hand out on a plane filled with all kinds of fake ingredients
So my travel snack of choice for this journey will be these new rice crispy treats – packed with healthy fats and a little natural sweetener to keep me awake and full of energy I’m taking some for me and my friends, and leaving some behind in the fridge for my beloved who’s staying home to work on yet another exciting project to be unveiled later this year #proudwife
If you want in on this delish treat, see the recipe below.
Yours in yumminess, Danielle x
REAL FOOD RICE CRISPY TREAT
- 2.5 cups puffed organic rice
- 3/4 cup virgin coconut oil
- 1/2 cup cacao powder
- 1/4 cup date syrup
- 1/4 cup dried coconut flakes
- 1/4 cup crushed walnuts (or seeds)
- 1/4 cup dried mulberries
- Pinch sea salt
- Line a slice tin with baking paper.
- In a saucepan over low heat, mix date syrup, coconut oil, cacao powder and salt. Whisk until combined.
- Pour in puffed rice and stir to combine. Add coconut flakes and mulberries, stir again to combine.
- Pour mixture into slice tin and top with extra mulberries and coconut flakes and leave to set in the fridge (about 30-60 mins).
- Remove, slice, eat and make yummy noises Store in the fridge when not eating.