It’s been a while since I blitzed my favourite cleansing veggies to make a delicious, cholorophyll-fiilled green juice… I don’t even have a juicer!
But ever since spending time with David Avocado Wolfe, I’ve felt super inspired to add in a green juice every now and then to turbo-boost my health and vitality
So how did I made this green glass of goodness? Easy!! I blitzed a small bunch of veggies (full recipe below) then strained it all through a nut milk bag to separate the pulp and juice
And because I’m a girl who likes to use the WHOLE vegetable (to ensure there’s no waste) I used the leftover pulp to make the super yummy veggie burgers for my beloved and I
If you want in on this detoxifying delight, here y’go… Just make sure you choose organic veggies where possible and don’t forget to give them a good scrub before you make this amazingness.
GOING GREEN JUICE
- 1 large lebanese cucumber
- 4 sticks of celery AND its leaves – use the whole stick because the leaves hold the majority of goodness!
- 1/4 lemon (skin and pulp included)
- 1/2 cup 100% coconut water
- Blitz it all up baby! If you have a juicer, fantastic!! If you don’t, just blitz on high until all veggies are pulverised, then
- Grab a nut milk bag and pour the juice through to separate
- Keep the pulp and add a chia egg (or a real one depending your diet/preference).
- Add your fav herbs and spices, then flatten palm-sized amounts into small patties and fry in a little coco oil or ghee
Oh!! And… If you want to super charge this juice, you can always add in a teaspoon of schizandra berry powder – believed to be a complete holistic tonic for the entire body
According to the super duper Superfeast team (who sell all kinds of amazing tonic herbs and medicinal mushrooms) schizandra has been used for centuries by Daoist herbal masters for its life-enhancing powers that help sharpen the mind, improve memory and cleanse and tone the blood, liver and kidneys