Oh Kale YES!! I’ve managed to perfect my chocolate kale granola recipe (below) so it’s time to share with you 🎉 For a while, I avoided using kale in my recipes because I was seeing it everywhere…I’m a Natural Foods Chef who doesn’t follow food trends 👩🏼🍳 I create recipes to serve the body first.
Since operating this way, I’vepersonally found my body is responding in all the positive ways: my hormones are normalising, my bones are stronger, I have so much energy & I feel so good! 🙌🏻 If you’ve stumbled upon this post, thinking ‘why can’t I have that too?” I’m here to tell you: YOU CAN.
A few tips:
- Keep fluids up. Choose clean drinking water or herbal teas
- Don’t eat until you’re truly hungry
- Bloated? Gassy? Enlist a reputable holistic doctor like Dr Will Cole (US) Dr Marcus Chacos (Australia) Dr Oliver Barnett (London) to provide expert opinion & professional support. One on one consultation is critical – I’m not a fan of online group healing programmes. My mantra: BIO-INDIVIDUALITY IS KEY 🔑⚡️🔓
- Keep it real: food and life-wise. Go with your gut, express how you feel – don’t keep emotions trapped within you.
- Adopt a ‘what’s the best that could happen’ mentality. I learnt that one at Nutrition School!
- Learn to enjoy the NOW – even the the mundane stuff – because you, me, WE are so lucky to be ALIVE!!
- Last but not least, make a big ol’ batch of this kale granola, sit to eat and enjoy your food – turn off the TV & computer: taste & enjoy ✌🏻
KALEish GRANOLA 🍃
- 4 cups kale, washed, de-stemmed & finely shredded
- 1/2 cup virgin coconut oil + more (as needed)
- 1/4 cup 100% maple syrup
- 1/2 cup dried coconut flakes
- 1/2 cup sunflower seeds
- 1/2 cup flax seeds
- 1/4 cup tiger nuts or cacao nibs – or both!
- 1/4 cup organic dried currants (or chopped prunes)
- 1/4 cup cacao powder
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- Pre-heat oven to 160C/350F. Line a baking tray.
- In a bowl, combine all ingredients. Add coconut oil last and mix really well.
Pour onto tray, spread out and bake until ingredients crisp up (about 15-20 mins depending upon oven).
- Leave to cool before storing in an air-tight glass container in a cool panty/cupboard for up to 2 weeks ✌🏻