Fresh pumpkin seed milk, DONE!🙌🏻
If you haven’t already, you really must try this recipe… Pumpkin seeds are packed with plant protein, vitamins and minerals including calcium, magnesium, manganese, potassium, phosphorus, copper + Vitamins A, B and E 🌟👌🏻🙏🏻
I like to create all kinds of nut and seed milks for baking, beverages and cooking. I hope you enjoy this one as much as I do!
- 1 cup raw pumpkin seeds – soaked in drinking water overnight
- Nut milk bag OR piece of cheesecloth fabric
- OPTIONAL: natural sweetener of choice – I used a teaspoon of 180 Nutrition madacascar vanilla powder but you can use a teaspoon of agave, maple syrup, vanilla extract or a couple of drops of food-grade essential oil like these ones.
- Drain and combine with 3 cups fresh drinking water in a high speed blender. Add in optional sweetener at this point.
- Blend on high for a few minutes until you see milk!
- Pour through nut milk bag or cheesecloth to strain and store in an air-tight glass jar with a lid.
- Use pulp in cookie or muffin recipe ‘as is’ or dry it out in the oven on low, belnd it up and sprinkle it onto porridges or add into smoothies for a dose of healthy fats and fibre.