Prepping a healthy chickpea stir fry for lunch today while my beloved and I get to “werk-werk-werk-werk-werk-werk” (sung Rhianna-style – does anyone else get this part of her song stuck in their mind, or is it just me?). I’m working on creating a yummy e-book I’ll be giving away to celebrate the launch of my brand-spanking-new website, coming soon! 🙏🏻 The busier I get, the more I turn to meals that are fast and full of nutrients, vitamins, proteins and healthy fats. Nourish your insides and you’ll be able to work longer, harder and happier!
These meals must be easy to throw together fast – no fancy chopping or cooking techniques required! 🙌🏻 The messier, the tastier! 😋 The trick? Ensure you chop food in a way that allows it to cook faster. For example: thicker, drier veggies need to be chopped small/thin in size, while more water-dense veggies can be chopped/shredded into thicker pieces👌🏻🔪 Try this recipe the next time you want an protein-rich meal that’s easy and affordable to make…
- BPA-free can chickpeas, drained & rinsed (ingredients should only be chickpeas, water, salt)
- 1/2 small purple cabbage
- 2 small carrots
- 1-2 leaves of kale (whatever variety), shredded/chopped
- Raw Beetroot
- 2 cloves fresh garlic, chopped or squished/mashed (do 10 mins before adding into stir fry because allicin in garlic will activate and boost its healing powers 🌟👌🏻
- In a large saucepan, add 1-2 tablespoons of health-supportive oil & heat over a medium-high temp.
- Add dry veggies and coat in oil to warm and soften. Cover with lid to create steaming to soften veggies further.
- After a few minutes, add softer veggies & garlic. Lower heat and cover with lid for 5 mins. Resist urge to constantly stir, this removes much needed heat/steam needed to cook the veg.
- Once veggies have softened and begin to brown, add chickpeas & 1/2 teaspoon sea salt + 1 teaspoon of turmeric or cumin (or both!). Stir!
- Serve as is, or top with 1-2 tablespoons of tahini (unhulled tahini is more nutrient-dense) + fresh lemon juice.
- Eat and enjoy!! 🌱💚😘