Two planes and 24 hours later, my beloved and I (+ the 8 pieces of luggage consisting mostly of tulle for his art exhibition in October) made it back to London safe n’ sound, hooray! 🙏🏻 🇬🇧 Before I share the recipe for this yummy green smoothie I just whipped up, I want to give a quick shoutout to the wonderful British Airways crew 🌟 Aside from the impromptu plane yoga class I taught mid-air, I really enjoyed talking all things health and wellness with you – thanks again for making the long journey from Oz so delightful. 👏🏻
Now for this delightfully delicious recipe I’m currently (thoroughly) enjoying…
- 1/4 cup chia seeds – 10g of plant protein!
- 1/2 cup boiling water – helps chia to soften and pulverise well
- 1 apple or pear – I nabbed a nashi pear on the plane, so that’s what I used today
- 1 teaspoon moringa tea powder or moringa teableaves – if you have never heard of moringa, let me be the first to introduce you moringa provides a HUGE dose of essential vitamins and minerals, so it’s a great addition to your diet!
- 2 heaped tablespoons of coconut cream – hello healthy fats! If you don’t have coco cream, you can also use coconut butter
- 1/2 cup milk of your choice – rice or coconut milk work really well
- Any health-supportive, real-food topping/s of your choice – I sprinkled some cacao nibs on mine this morning to provide a great, natural dose of energy to help with any jet lag that might creep up on my later today… Cacao nibs/powder and cacao butter all house theobromine which is a natural stimulant for the body. In other words: a little goes a long way! 👌🏻
Blend everything together and et voila! One delicious, nutritious green smoothie for you! I hope you enjoy this as much as I did!