I’m experimenting with my grains today…calling this my ‘beautiful birdseed porridge’ because I used millet which is typically used in birdseed in the US (those lucky little American birds!). Low in calories but high in protein, fibre and essential minerals, hulled millet makes for a delicious, creamy, filling porridge. Make it today!
- 1/2 cup hulled millet
- 1/2 cups of nut milk – I used my homemade toasted coconut milk, see how to make it here!
- 1 tablespoon virgin coconut oil
- 1/2 cup diced frozen strawberries
- In a small saucepan, combine millet with milk and stir to combine over a medium heat. WHen not stirring, keep the saucepan lid on.
- Monitor and stir the porridge often – depending upon your favourite texture, you may want to add more milk.
- Once millet has softened, add strawberries and oil and mix to combine.
- Ready once strawberries have thawed and stewed.