Happy Sunday! What’s for dinner? May I suggest this delish vegetable soup?! 🍵🏻🌱 It’s easy to make, filled with affordable ingredients, and tastes SO good paired with whatever protein you prefer (firm tofu works really well as does shredded pasture-fed chicken or wild caught fish).
How to make it? What do you need? Read on!
SUPER Vegetable Soup
- 1 small/medium onion
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cups low sodium vegetable stock
- 1 cup broccoli, chopped
- 1/2 cup carrots, chopped
- 1 head of lettuce like escarole/endive, frisee or cos, chopped
- 1 teaspoon of each: dried basil, garlic powder, dried mint and dried sage
- Chop and sauté onion in oil until it becomes translucent (not burnt!). Add vegetable stock along with broccoli, carrots and lettuce.
- Add all herbs and spices and leave to simmer for at least 40 mins.
- Enjoy hot or cold, (depending upon the weather) and as mentioned above – be sure to add in a serving of your favourite protein to fill you up until your next meal (protein and healthy fats make you feel nicely full so don’t leave them out of any snack or meal!)
This soup is GREAT for your digestion – I often enjoy it alongside freshly roast chicken breast which tastes amazing. I always feel so good after this meal – especially when it’s served warmed in the cooler months because it houses lots of nutrient-rich vegetables that help my body to function with ease. Enjoy 🌱👌