THIS smoothie got me through every single day of culinary school and now I’m sharing it with YOU! I’m convinced I was able to survive and thrive during my Natural Foods Chef studies thanks to the great amount of protein, healthy fats and nutrients housed inside this delicious breakfast drink! Try this the next time you want a creamy, dreamy health-supportive smoothie…
Survive & Thrive Smoothie
- 1-2 cups of mixed salad leaves (best leaves are cos, oak leaf, romaine or iceburg)
- 1/4 large cucumber
- 1/4 cup nuts
- 2-3 dried figs (choose sulphur & sugar free)
- 1 scoop protein powder (I use@180nutrition because it’s the best, most health-supportive protein powder on the market in my Natural Foods Chef opinion)
- Optional extra: 10 drops of wild, raw chaga mushroom emulsion (not essential, just a great addition if you are ‘into’ the fascinating world of healing mushrooms🍄🏻).
- 1-2 cups water (depending upon desired consistency)
- Blend, serve and enjoy.
- Take time to taste the delicious flavour in your mouth before swallowing – digestion begins in the mouth 👄, so allow time for your food to meet your saliva that houses many magical digestive enzymes to help your stomach process and move your food through to your intestines, how fascinating right!?