Happy Easter! 🐣
If you don’t celebrate this holiday, then I wish you a ‘happy Sunday’ instead! 😘 Whether you celebrate Easter or not, here’s a unique, healthy, easy-peasy treat you can make that’s sugar, sulphur and preservative free. It involves using dried, shredded coconut flakes which you can buy from your local health food store or online. Coconut is a fantastic source of healthy, saturated fats that are also antibacterial in nature which means it’s incredibly health-supportive and worthwhile to factor into your diet. For more information, you can take a look here. For now, it’s time to make this delicious, guilt-free treat!
Healthy Chocolate Covered Coconut Flakes
- 1 packet (about 500g) of dried, shredded coconut – I buy mine from the health food store and favour brands:@lotuspantry @lovingearth and @organicroad
- 1/2 – 1 cup extra virgin coconut oil (melted)
- 1/2 cup cacao, carob or 100% cocoa powder
- Combine oil and cacao powder together in a bowl and mix, mix, MIX until you have a yummy, runny-ish, chocolate-y sauce.
- Combine coconut flakes and chocolate-y sauce in a bowl and toss together.
- Spread out onto a lined baking tray and place in the freezer for about 20 mins.
- Remove and enjoy this crunchy deliciousness…